Sunday, February 24, 2013

Does this make me a Montanan?



I think I have  adjusted to life in Hamilton. Here are a few examples why I have come to this conclusion.

• When someone was discussing the amazing “spread of the bull” I didn’t have to secretly wonder what that meant.

• I have driven safely through the 6 unmarked four way intersections safely. Even though there are no stop or yields signs anywhere to be seen.

• I have heated my house with a cord of wood this winter. Just for you non-roughing it people, I have included a definition : “A cord is a unit of measure of dry volume used in Canada and the United States to measure firewood and pulpwood.” Every morning I wake up, build my fire, and consider myself quite the pioneer.

• I have started calling Stevensville “Stevi” this pretty much makes me a local.

• Through great peer pressure from my boys they are going to take “hunters safety."  I will become a huge fan of hunting if they shoot the turkey that still mocks me.

I am sure my list could continue, but I think you get the general idea. Maybe it’s time for me to buy a goat and start wearing Camo.

2 comments:

  1. Call me when you've bought a goat, milked it, and then made your own soap out of it. THEN I'll be impressed. Although you do get major points for building a fire every morning. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be a Montanan when you stop making fun of Montana.

    ReplyDelete