Sunday, February 24, 2013
Does this make me a Montanan?
I think I have adjusted to life in Hamilton. Here are a few examples why I have come to this conclusion.
• When someone was discussing the amazing “spread of the bull” I didn’t have to secretly wonder what that meant.
• I have driven safely through the 6 unmarked four way intersections safely. Even though there are no stop or yields signs anywhere to be seen.
• I have heated my house with a cord of wood this winter. Just for you non-roughing it people, I have included a definition : “A cord is a unit of measure of dry volume used in Canada and the United States to measure firewood and pulpwood.” Every morning I wake up, build my fire, and consider myself quite the pioneer.
• I have started calling Stevensville “Stevi” this pretty much makes me a local.
• Through great peer pressure from my boys they are going to take “hunters safety." I will become a huge fan of hunting if they shoot the turkey that still mocks me.
I am sure my list could continue, but I think you get the general idea. Maybe it’s time for me to buy a goat and start wearing Camo.