Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Do temple workers swear?

I am not a big swearer. I think the last time I swore was in my sophomore year in high school. It was #18 from Rock Springs. hmm. Sheryl something. ( If you think this might be you, know that I still don't like you.) Last night, I came close. Ben and I were putting lights on our tree. I know it is less than a week away, I know that I already have 7 trees up, but I have been busier than normal lately. Anyway, all of a sudden, half of the trees lights went out. I ended up ripping out a couple hundred lights and throwing them. (It was one of my more stellar moments. I am glad that Ben is the only one who witnessed it.)



This is before the tantrum.




Last week when I wasn't searching for Oreo's, we took our family to see the lights at Temple Square. We haven't been there at Christmas for over a decade so we really wanted our kids to see it. It was beautiful as always, but it made me wonder if the workers ever swear and throw the temple lights at the nearest statue. I kind of doubt it, which means I will never get a Christmas Job putting up lights at the temple.

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that tree almost reminds me of your family trees...well except it appears you can walk on your living room carpet. Wonderful, large tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if temple workers swear, but Rendy did see a 60-ish year old temple worker spank her husband in the temple the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Few things in this life are more frustrating than Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill,
    Just thought you should know that I am Cheryl Lancaster (formerly Johnson) from Rock Springs and I have been following your blog for the past year. Could you be talking about me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. They swear and tell, um, not-so-apppropriate jokes. I don't know if that says more about said temple worker or about me for knowing one like that. Ok, I may know two.

    Yeah, I commented two weeks later, but you didn't call us to meet you in temple square. How's that for punishment?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They swear and tell, um, not-so-apppropriate jokes. I don't know if that says more about said temple worker or about me for knowing one like that. Ok, I may know two.

    Yeah, I commented two weeks later, but you didn't call us to meet you in temple square. How's that for punishment?

    ReplyDelete