Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Valentines day to me and the Food Network

Dave loves the Food Network. I believe it is this love that inspired one of our family traditions. Every year for Valentines Day, I get to pick any meal and Dave will make it for me. This started due to the fact that in the decade-plus of college we really couldn't afford to go out. What a fortuitous (Are you impressed with the vocab word?) tradition because now there is no where to go out. I have noticed that thanks to the Food Network, the meals have gotten better every year.

2003: This marked a special year because I chose all finger foods, hence we ate sitting on the floor watching Star Trek. I know all you Vulcan-lovers out there are very jealous.


Ahhh a few years later and I got into my chicken phase.I included this picture to show you all my Pocahontas/Cher decade. Someone here in Hamilton told me I need a make-over. I wonder what they would have thought if they had seen me then.After a few years of studying the Food Network we started getting pretty sophisticated.
Have you noticed the Asparagus theme year after year? My boys love eating asparagus because...well...hmmmm... never mind.
This week: Ahhh I am so glad my cute husband loves the Food Network.

5 comments:

  1. We too love the food network and have on multiple occasions attempted recipes...however, you put us to shame...SHAME!! Super impressed with your meals. Tell Dave to forget his science stuff and go to Cordon Bleu Culinary Institute...what's another few years of college, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Phillips! He really should have been a professional chef. You could have dozens of Revelli's fine Italian Dining dives all over the world and I could eat free!!! Hmmm, maybe a change of course is due.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have "kicked it up a notch!"

    Holy cow...as Rachael Ray would say, "YUMM-O!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's not much to look at, but the boy can COOK! (HAHAHAHAHAHA! Sure miss you Dave.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, that looks SOOO GOOD! You told me Dave could cook and that he liked the Food Network...but seeing is believing. He's got himself some talent!

    ReplyDelete