Saturday, July 10, 2010

I inhaled watermelon up my nose.

Ya know, when you are in middle school and the socially- backward, scary kid snorts noodles up his nose? Yea, that is what I felt like this last weekend. Part of the holiday festivities included a good old fashioned "Watermelon Eating Contest." I attacked my melon with vigor. It was in my eyebrows and hair and definitely up my nose. The three boys all entered in their age brackets and I was convinced I would win the adult race. The competition was stiff! Although I was happy not to see any 85 pound Asian women. (They always win these events you know )
Other Competitors were:

Kristy: Who, truthfully, I really wasn't worried about, I mean she was wearing a moo moo. No one can win who's wearing a moo moo.

Shiny head handle bar mustache cowboy guy: Definitely a problem, but I still felt like I could take him.

Richard Canon: How competitive could an eye surgeon be?

Lori Canon: Let's face it. Eating is not Lori's strong point. She still makes fun of me for eating an entire cake every year on my birthday.

I thought I had the race when a fifteen year old girl (from my ward) came from behind and barely beat me. Maybe I should have snorted more up my nose. That might have given me the winning edge.




Here's Jonny Watermelon Seed going to town - note how he scopes out his competition midway through!

4 comments:

  1. I'll be the one laughing when you go in for your sinus surgery and the doctor says, "Ma'am, I believe we've found the cause of your problem" and pulls out 8 watermelon seeds. *clink*clink* On to the tray they go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little disappointed you weren't 1st place, Jill. Very few women can eat like you do and stay skinny. Next year I will use the "snorting up the nose" technique and you are going down!!! (Okay, I don't really believe that but it still sounds good.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. replica bags uk replica hermes bag w6r65c5a62 replica bags joy replica bags 168 mall replica gucci handbags t1u55n9e23 replica bags london replica bags news x0b93a1g01 best replica bags online 2018

    ReplyDelete