Tuesday, May 4, 2010

14 Years ago today


Picture this! A nervous young bride waiting on a bench at the entrance of the Salt Lake Temple. Ten minutes pass, then twenty, and then a cute little man in a white suite walks up and asks, "Are you sure he's coming dear?"

So even though we started on a slightly rocky note, it has all gone up from there.

Because of Dave I actually grew to care that the Klingons and the Romulans might just never get along. "Can't you just put your phasers down for once?"

I love how he comes home and acts like I am smart enough to understand what he is talking about, like how Burkolderia pseudomallia and pathogenisis are essential. I feel somewhat like the Peanut characters," waa waa waaa waa waa waa."

He brings me flowers all the time for no reason at all.

Dave always makes Sunday dinner.
Dave: Would you like Shrimp Scampi, and roasted asparagus, or something else? Really, is that even a question?

Dave can fix anything from the radiator on my car, to programming my TV, to fixing the plumbing.

He gives me free reign in March so I can watch the NCAA play-offs. I mean, seriously how many husbands do that. ha ha !

So yes, even though he was terribly late to our own wedding, he was totally worth the wait

Happy Anniversary Davey!




































3 comments:

  1. You are lucky (and so is he) and what a fun memory - Dave being late to the wedding. I think....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I'm probably supposed to go, "Awww...how sweet!" but what I'm really thinking is, "Man, I miss Dave's cooking."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is the Jill I remember. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete