Ben came home last week and asked, "Is it bad to go against the government?." Trying to be parent of the year, I gave him a small talk about the constitution and freedom of speech. I now realize I should have maybe toned it down a bit.
1. School lunch lady tells Ben he can no longer have seconds because of the government.
2. Ben tries to create a strike, telling all the kids not to eat lunch, until seconds are reinstated.
3. Ben gets hungry, decides to strike hot lunch and tell everyone to bring cold lunch (posters and signs were made)
4. Ben would then miss the yummy peach cobbler.
5. Ben decides to simply have a petition with all the kids asking for their "seconds" back.
Ahhh, freedom of speech.