Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Unpacking is sounding good right about now



Everyone needs a break once in awhile. Shortly after arriving in Montana we had been unpacking a few days when Dave (hubby) and I decided “hey what the heck, we are now living amongst all these national forests we should drop everything and go camping in this beautiful nature. (see how positive that sounded, It really was more like, Hey I am having a mental break-down lets get our minds off everything by going camping, which I really don’t like, and I hate nature, but I am trying to sound better than I was.) So we threw what we thought we needed in the car, and headed a whopping 10 minutes out of town until we were surrounded by the most beautiful trees and lakes I had ever seen. I was thinking that this Montana couldn’t be too bad, look how breathtaking it is here. Then I realized why we were the only family camping there. We became overwhelmed with massive amounts of wasps. Like weird creepy movies wasps. They were everywhere, on the food, chairs, and tent, so there we sat on our first camping trip all huddled in the tent for fear of attack of the killer bees. I then decided I was done with Montana nature and we were going to go home and camp in back yard (which might as well be a camp sight it has a fire pit and everything) When explaining our weird freakish wasp incident to a local they said “oh you can’t go there this late in the season it is notorious for horrible wasps and as soon as it gets dark you can run into huge amounts of snakes.” I then decided I have never claimed to be a nature girl. I will stick to unpacking.

Our tent in the back yard, I know it's an exciting picture, but it is the only one I took.

No comments:

Post a Comment